Friday, Saturday & Sunday October 2, 3 & 4, 2015
Welcome to the 2015 Green Energy Ohio Tour -
The 13th Statewide Tour Organized by Green Energy Ohio (GEO)
Green Energy Ohio (GEO) is the Ohio Chapter of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) and the GEO Tour is part of the ASES National Solar Tour. This FREE statewide event on October 2, 3 & 4 provided a unique opportunity for people to visit and talk with owners living and working with clean energy technologies. Take the 2015 GEO Tour On-Line Survey – Tell us about your Tour Site visits on October 2, 3 & 4.
See the 2015 GEO Tour Overview and 14 Local Guided Tours to multiple sites in all regions of Ohio. The 2015 GEO Tour presented 122 Tour Sites with over 186 Open Houses in 62 communities across 29 Ohio counties. For more information contact the GEO Tour Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the GEO Office at 614.985.6131.
This interactive GEO Tour Web Site presents Tour Site Descriptions uploaded by Site Owners pinpointed on an interactive Google Map shown by five regions and statewide with ability to show sites by county, site type and technologies (see search categories above). GEO thanks this year's 20 Sponsors on the top and left side of this web page - click on their logos to see more about each Sponsor.
For Daily 2015 Tour Updates & Photos visit our Social Media sites on the
GEO Tour Facebook GEO Facebook & GEO Twitter GEO Tour News Release
Use GEO's website as an interactive tool to search the 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009 Tours at Tabs Above as well as 2015 Tour.
This interactive GEO Tour Web Site presents Tour Site Descriptions uploaded by Site Owners pinpointed on an interactive Google Map shown by five regions and statewide with ability to show sites by county, site type and technologies (see search categories above).
DESIGN YOU OWN TOUR
ENTER THE 2015 GREEN ENERGY OHIO TOUR OPEN HOUSE SEARCH PAGE
ENTER THE 2015 GREEN ENERGY OHIO TOUR GUIDED TOUR SEARCH PAGE
To create and print-out of your own self-guided tour using interactive Google Maps and Tour Site Descriptions see "How to Create ..." instructions below.
Help us expand sustainable energy across the Buckeye State! Join GEO - Sign-Up On-Line for Membership
How To Create Your Own 'Self Guided Tour' Of Open House Sites
(Please take a few minutes and read the steps below before proceeding to the Search Page!)
Step 1 - Location:
- Fill in your starting address and how many miles (radius) that you want to search for sites.
- Search by Region/County (Select All Regions/Counties OR a specific region OR a specific county)
Step 2 - Type of Building:
- The search default automatically selects every type of building structure. Unselect types of buildings you are not interested in visiting.
Step 3 - Date & Time:
- Search by Date - Friday, October 3, 2014; Saturday, October 4, 2014 or Sunday, October 5, 2014.
Note: Sites may be only open during a specific time period on a specific day, while other sites may be one or more days.
Please adhere to the posted schedules.
Step 4 - Technology:
- The search default automatically selects every types of technology. Unselect types of technologies you are not interested in visiting.
Step 5 - Click the Search Button at the Bottom of the Page:
- A list of all sites within your search criteria will appear on the left side of the page in alphabetical order, and a map will appear on the right side of the page. If you click on the site name or a given point on the map, photographs and a detailed description of the site will appear. If you wish to visit the site, click on the blank star which will turn green. To remove a site just click on the green star and this will go blank.
- Based on the Ohio tour experience of the past years, many tour goers can see up to 5 sites in a 3-hour, tour time period - this varies by distance between sites and the time spent at each site.
Step 6 - After selecting all the sites you want to visit, click Build Custom Tour:
- Enter your home address as the starting point. A map will be generated along with directions and descriptions of each site you have selected with green Stars. Google Maps function creates a map with the shortest distances. You may change the order of the sites on this map by clicking the up and down arrows next to each site and a new map will be generated. If you want to remove or add another site, use the Back to Search button and click onto the green star to remove or the blank star to add. The Refine Search link allows you to go back one more page and choose different selection criteria.
Step 7 - Print this information showing map, directions and site guide. Then enjoy your clean energy journey through the Buckeye State!
If you have any questions, please contact GEO by phone toll free at 1-866-GREEN-OH or email@example.com.
Green Energy Ohio (GEO) or the American Solar Energy Society (ASES) does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process that is referred to or linked to in this web site. Reference in this web site or in any links to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply GEO's endorsement or recommendation. The views and opinions expressed in this web site do not necessarily state or reflect those of the GEO or ASES. Finally, do not physically visit these locations without invitation. All information included on this website is accessible in the public domain, but be respectful of the site owners privacy.