New Commercial Solar Thermal Program - See GEO News Magazine Article
During April, 2013:
• See below for the new application form for commercial installations and educational institutions, using basically the same criteria as the residential program with the cap being increased to 20% of the total cost of the equipment and labor for the solar thermal installation, instead of the current limit of $2,400. The payment would be made to the owner, after the project is completed and GEO is provided copies of all required permit inspections.
• Only currently listed approved eligible installers will be allowed to apply during the month of April, however, they must be at least a Power Business Member ($500 level). Those installers that are a Green Business Member ($250 level) must upgrade to the Power Business Member or higher level GEO business membership to apply for the rebate.
After May 1, 2013:
• A revised application form will allow any commercial installer with the qualifying licenses (similar to the current application form). The installer would not need to show attendance at a GEO or other training session and proof of prior installations.
• Applying commercial installer must have a Power Business Membership ($500 level) or higher level GEO business membership to apply for the rebate.
The changes are projected to stimulate an estimated $750,000 worth of new commercial solar thermal installations in Ohio.
For more information, email@example.com or call toll-free 1-866-473-3664.
2013 GEO Commercial Solar Thermal Rebate Program
Green Energy Ohio (GEO) is a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting economically and environmentally sustainable energy policies and practices in Ohio. GEO serves as the Ohio Chapter of the American Solar Energy Society.
GEO is pleased to announce that it has been selected by The Sierra Club to receive funding to administer a solar thermal rebate program in Ohio. GEO is now receiving applications for rebates on solar water heating systems purchased after April 1, 2013 on commercial properties and educational institutions in Ohio for the primary purpose to supplement water heating. Qualifying applicants may apply for the rebate to cover a portion of the costs of eligible projects. Rebate funds are limited, but subject to program conditions and requirements, qualifying applications will be funded until all the funds allocated for this Notice of Funding Availability (GEO NOFA 13-01) have been exhausted.
HOW BUSINESSES CAN PARTICIPATE
1. Review the basics of solar water heating systems
2. Contact an installer listed in Appendix 1 - List of Eligible Solar Thermal Installers
3. Review the GEO Solar Thermal Rebate Overview & Requirements & Application Form with your Installer
Adobe Acrobat Reader software is needed on your computer to view all Forms because they available as PDF documents at the links below. You can download the FREE software at the Adobe Acrobat website, click here. **If you are having difficulty downloading the documents: save the file on your computer, but change the file extension from .cfm to .pdf. Then open the file from your computer and you should be able to access the forms.
GEO Solar Thermal Rebate Overview & Requirements & Application Forms
Appendix 1 -List of Eligible Solar Thermal Installers
42 Solar Hot Water Sites on the 2009 Ohio Solar Tour
48 Sites 2010 Ohio Solar Tour
43 Sites 2011 GEO Tour
29 Sites 2012 GEO Tour
OTHER INCENTIVES FOR RESIDENTIAL SOLAR THERMAL SYSTEMS IN OHIO
30% Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit
Energy Conservation for Ohioans (ECO-Link) Program
Energy Loan Fund - Ohio Development Services Agency Office of Energy
For the most complete list of all renewable energy and energy efficiency incentives, visit: www.dsireusa.org
For all inquires regarding the GEO Solar Thermal Rebate Program, contact the Solar Thermal Program Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (614) 985-6131.